NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum  

Go Back   NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum > RSS FEED

Notices

Old 05-18-2017, 09:43 AM
Junior News Editor

Default Doped-up CRAZY SPANIC vet Richard Rojas Runs Down More Than A Dozen Pedestrians In Times Square, Kil

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/05/...-times-square/

1 Person Dead, 20 People Hurt When Car Slams Into Pedestrians In Times Square
NYPD: This Is Not Terrorism, But Possibly DWI May 18, 2017 12:27 PM

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — One person is dead and 20 people are injured after being struck by a car in Times Square.

WATCH LIVE VIDEO COVERAGE HERE | PHOTOS

At least 20 people have been hit by a red Honda before it came to a stop by crashing into steel barriers at 45th and 7th Avenue.

What's happening in Times Square?? This car was in the sidewalk and people are on the streets pic.twitter.com/PsepRtfrAr

— gb (@gb__) May 18, 2017

The driver of the Honda has been extricated from the car, CBS2’s Jim Smith reported.

The NYPD says the motive is not terror, but possibly a DWI, according to the NYPD. The driver, a 26-year-old man from the Bronx has two prior DWIs, according to the NYPD. He has been taken into custody.

Times Square is pretty much under lockdown right now, CBS2’s Alice Gainer reported.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:15 AM
Junior News Editor

Default Re: 1 Person Dead, 20 People Hurt When Car Slams Into Pedestrians In Times Square

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/late...ror-crash-live

PICTURED: A man appears to have been taken into custody at the scene
Old 05-18-2017, 10:40 AM
Junior News Editor

Default Re: 1 Person Dead, 20 People Hurt When Car Slams Into Pedestrians In Times Square by DUI Spic

http://nypost.com/2017/05/18/speedin...-times-square/

Speeding car mows down pedestrians in Times Square
May 18, 2017 | 12:07pm

A driver speeding the wrong way up Seventh Avenue plowed into pedestrians in Times Square, killing at least one person and injuring 18 others, law enforcement sources said.

The motorist was identified by police sources as Richard Rojas, a 26-year-old Bronx resident with two prior DWIs. He was taken into police custody after the crash.

The motorist reportedly drove the wrong way up Seventh Avenue for up to three blocks, hitting several people along the way before crashing into a pole at 45th Street and Broadway, police and witnesses said.

Three of the injured people were in critical condition, according to police sources. The driver was tested for alcohol and has not made any statements, sources said.

“There’s video that shows the guy just drives right through it. It’s not a pretty sight,” a high-ranking source said. “He was on the sidewalk.”
Old 05-18-2017, 11:52 AM
Publisher/Editor-in-chief

Default Re: Doped-up CRAZY SPANIC vet Richard Rojas Runs Down More Than A Dozen Pedestrians In Times Square,

Old 05-18-2017, 03:20 PM
Senior Editor

Default Re: 1 Person Dead, 20 People Hurt When Car Slams Into Pedestrians In Times Square by DUI Spic

http://nypost.com/2017/05/18/times-s...-to-kill-them/

Times Square maniac was allegedly attempting suicide-by-cop
By Larry Celona and Lorena Mongelli
May 18, 2017 | 4:27pm | Updated

Richard Rojas
AP; William Farrington

He was out for blood — and looking for a suicide-by-cop.

The Bronx man who plowed his car into a Times Square crowd, killing a teen tourist and injuring 22 others, wanted to commit murder, and then wanted cops to kill him, police sources said.

“You were supposed to shoot me! I wanted to kill them,” Richard Rojas, 26, told police, according to sources.

The killer, who’s been arrested twice for DWI, wasn’t drunk when he went on the rampage in the heart of the Big Apple, a high-ranking police official said. Rojas is currently being tested for drugs, as he appeared to be high, according to sources.

He served in the US Navy from 2011 to 2015, and was not honorably discharged, sources said.

A friend said Rojas was never the same after he returned from his military service, and took up drinking to cope with the stress.

“He finally came home, and it was hard for him to find a job,” said Harrison Ramos, 30. “He was having a lot of bad nightmares. He was talking crazy. He was acting strange.”

Ramos added he would buy alcohol “to forget about all that stuff.”

“He should’ve gotten professional help,” he said. “He would talk about demons and devils and conspiracy theories.”

But on Wednesday night, Rojas appeared to be in “good spirits” as he partied with friends and celebrated getting his car back, a pal said.

“He just got his car back, a Honda,” said Jose Medrano, 27. “He was happy about it. He said they had taken his car for lack of payment. He just gotten it back and was happy.”

“He was drinking last night out here, with his friends,” Medrano added. “He looked in good spirits.”

The next day, Rojas used the Honda to mow down nearly two dozen people on the sidewalk, police said.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....on a nigger.

If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:23 PM
Senior Editor

http://nypost.com/2017/05/18/times-s...r-old-tourist/

Times Square victim killed in crash was 18-year-old tourist
By Larry Celona and Natalie Musumeci
May 18, 2017 | 2:52pm | Updated

Alyssa Elsman
Instagram

An 18-year-old girl was killed and her younger sister injured when an out-of-control, wrong-way driver plowed into a crowd of pedestrians on the sidewalk in the heart of Times Square on Thursday, police officials said.

The Michigan tourist, identified by sources as Alyssa Elsman, was visiting the Big Apple with her family, including her 13-year-old sister, when the speeding car, driven by Richard Rojas, 26, slammed into them and nearly two dozen others as he floored it up to West 45th Street just before noon.

The siblings were struck on the sidewalk between West 42nd and 43rd streets.

Elsman was pronounced dead at the scene and her younger sister was taken to an area hospital for treatment.

Less than an hour before the horrific incident, Elsman posted a video to Instagram atop the famed red staircase at the Crossroads of the World.

The teen from Portage, Michigan, was also on vacation with her friend and her mother, her devastated boyfriend Trevor West told The Post.

West said he “knew something horrible happened” when he didn’t receive a text back from Elsman, who was typically quick to text back.

“She would always text me back as quick as she could and when I didn’t hear from her or her friend, I knew something horrible happened,” said West. “I knew something was wrong.”

West, who started dating Elsman six months ago, said she was “everything” to him.

“She motivated me, loved me, gave me everything I needed that I couldn’t give myself. And now that she’s gone, I don’t know how I’m going to fill that void,” West said. “I don’t know how I’m going to function without her ever again.”

West said Elsman had told him she was enjoying her trip to the Big Apple, where she had visited before, but that she said she started feeling sick.

“She felt better in Times Square,” West said. “Then I didn’t hear from her.”

Elsman was scheduled to return to Michigan on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, Mayor Bill de Blasio visited victims’ families at Bellevue Hospital on Thursday afternoon.

“You are going to have to be strong now,” de Blasio was heard telling family members of victims outside the pediatric ward at the hospital.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.....on a nigger.

If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target.